We are looking for a fleet manager and bike mechanic
Bike-Packer promotes and introduces people to Bike touring! We help cyclists in the planning of their cycling adventures. From Brussels, we welcome all those who want to learn about cycling and to discover Belgium and its surroundings in a different way.
We offer various services at affordable prices, such as bike and pannier hire, as well as tailor-made itineraries, workshops and training courses to enable neo-cyclist to travel in complete peace of mind. Our association is part of a slow-travel approach, promoting Belgian heritage and sustainable and eco-responsible travel. In addition, our activities are complemented by inclusive projects for a wide range of people.
Here are some of the values that we keep at the centre of our concerns:
- Inclusiveness: We want to make our services as accessible as possible, both in terms of financial and social inclusiveness.
- Sustainability: We offer a concrete solution for a more sustainable tourism.
- Adventure: Going on a bike tour is about being independent and responsible, while keeping that little bit of adventure and unexpectedness.
After two successful seasons, our team is looking for a new fleet manager to take care of our 30 bikes so that they can take hundreds of cyclo-hikers on adventures every year.
Do you want to get involved in a non-profit organisation on a human scale that promotes sustainable tourism? Do you want to make a concrete contribution to its management? Are you interested in local tourism in our country, and are you a cycling fan? Discover the offer below:
- You are a real enthusiast of bike mechanics
- You have a recognised training in bicycle mechanics and/or experience as a mechanic in a bicycle workshop
- You know the maintenance to be carried out on rental bicycles and their frequency (periodic maintenance, annual maintenance, repairs, etc.)
- You are able to pass on your passion and the vision of Bike-Packer to the general public
- You are attracted by responsibility and project management
- You are capable of managing a rental bike fleet in the long term and you know what is at stake
- You are able to manage orders and stocks according to the seasonality of the activity
- You like to work in a team
- You are interested in coordinating a volunteer team on a given project
- You have already completed at least one cycling trip
- You are able to express yourself easily in front of an audience
- You are dynamic and independent
- You are not afraid to take initiative (jack of all trades and resourceful)
- You are flexible (variable hours, open on weekends, etc.)
- You are versatile (you are prepared to adapt your tasks according to the season)
- You are creative when faced with new situations
- You are transparent, honest and caring
You are willing to join a close-knit team and participate actively in its daily life.
You have an excellent command of French.
You are fluent in English to converse with international travellers.
A good command of Dutch is a (super!) asset.
What we offer you
As Bike-Packer’s fleet manager, your tasks in the non-profit organisation will largely be focused on our bike fleet.
The aim is to support you in your early days so that you can gradually develop autonomy in the actions expected of you. After this period, you will be able to manage the bike mechanics aspect of the ASBL with us.
You will find below a first list of the poles and actions that occupy Bike-Packer. We will have the opportunity to present them to you in detail during the interview:
- Bike mechanics
- You maintain the bikes on a regular basis
- You repair the bikes if necessary
- You provide training on bike mechanics to various audiences
- Fleet managment
- You manage the stock of bikes; bikes, panniers, brake pads, travel accessories, etc.
- You are the contact person for partners and suppliers of parts and materials
- You manage the budget allocated to you to carry out your mission
- You manage the stock of materials on our reservation software
- Current activities
- You will coordinate the creation of roadbooks
- You will be responsible for the departure and return of rentals
- You will answer emails about the cycling centre
- You will be co-responsible for the organization of training workshops and other events of the ASBL
- You will be in close contact with the project manager, the board and the volunteers
- You will be responsible for testing routes if the volunteer team is not available to do so
- We offer you a contract of 13 hours/week
- 1 year fixed term contract with possibility of renewal
- We would like to find a candidate who is ready to start working in the field at the beginning of March.
Please send us a CV and a letter of motivation to email@example.com by 2 February at 23:59. Applications will be processed as soon as they are received. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Finalists will be invited to a case study. All applicants will be contacted again at the end of the process.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us by email or phone!